UHRA News (10/20) Friday 11 December 2020
UHRA Annual General Meeting
Will be held at Tabcorp Park Menangle 6.30pm Wednesday 20th January 2021. See separate Notice. We would like a Committee Nomination from each of Hunter and Riverina Regions.
HRICG (Harness Racing Industry Consultation Group) comprises UHRA , Breeders Assn , Owners Assn , Harness Racing (TAB)Clubs and ‘non-TAB’ Clubs and meets bi-monthly with HRNSW. “No place for the faint-hearted”
HRICG – Field Selection
In UHRA BLOG 6/20 we advised UHRA position with HRNSW was that ALL Trainers and their Owners should have the opportunity to comment on the HRNSW proposal to adopt the Victorian Points System. For Transparency we quote the HRICG Meeting Minute from 11th November:
· UHRA not in a position to respond with a unified position – concern about instituting change on 1 December
· Non-TAB Clubs concerned that the change will impact negatively country trainers/owners
· Recommend that HRNSW consult with trainers and owners directly
· Club Menangle happy with the current system for the Metro area , but issues may arise with e.g. Northern Region
· Owners Association concerned that the motivation for change has arisen from a particular region “
The bottom line is that all relevant parties should be consulted then the majority carries the decision.
BREAKING NEWS ………. Stay tuned ……… watch this space ……….. !!!